Last Revised: May 15, 2012
2. Collection of Personal Information: Blip collects personal information about you whenever you access the Website, browse and view Content, request information or materials, participate in Activities, post Submissions or transact business with Blip Entities.
The personal information that Blip collects about you may include without limitation your first and last name, home address, email address, home telephone number, employer name, work address, gender, viewing, preferences, and other information that is not otherwise publicly available. When you choose to log into the Website using your Facebook user profile, for example, Blip may collect your name and email address associated with your Facebook profile. Once you login or subscribe to the Website, you are not anonymous to us. Blip may acquire personal information from vendors that may share the information as permitted in their privacy policies, or from other third parties. Blip may combine personal information with information available from other online or offline sources (such as offline records or publicly available information). If the combined information permits us to contact you online or offline, we will treat the combined information as personal information.
In addition to the information you provide and the other methods described above, Blip collects the domain names and IP addresses of its users, along with usage statistics and browsing history. We may also collect information using cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, or through third parties using similar technologies. These methods permit us to collect various types of information, including which third party websites you visit, pages you visit, how you use the Website, which of our email messages you read, and other information.
Personal information collected by Blip may be stored and processed in the United States in accordance with the laws of the United States. By using the Website, you expressly consent to the storage and processing of your personal information in the United States in accordance with the laws of the United States.
Your Submissions may be available to other Website users and to users of other websites and services. You can choose to avoid including personal information in your Submissions.
3. Use of Information: We may use the information we collect directly and from others:
4. Communications with You: You authorize Blip to transmit email to you to respond to your communications and administer Activities. In addition, if you have connected your Facebook account to the Website, you agree that Blip is authorized to send you announcements, updates and informational and promotional emails and postal mail from Blip Entities. If you participate in Activities, you agree that Blip is authorized to contact prospective winners by telephone and send information, documents and prizes to you by email or postal mail, as provided in the applicable rules. Unsubscribe instructions are included in each promotional email from Blip. Please note that such requests may take up to ten (10) days to become effective. You may not opt out of receiving communications regarding your dealings with the Website or technical information about the Website.
6. Children: Blip does not intentionally collect information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, you may not submit any information to Blip.
7. Protection of Personal Information: Blip uses reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information.
No transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of Blip to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect personal information, neither Blip nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
8. Updating Your Information: You are responsible for keeping your information current. You may update your information by contacting us at email@example.com. We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make; provided, however, that requests to delete information are subject to Blip’s internal reporting, processing and retention policies and all applicable legal obligations.
9. Notice of Privacy Rights of California Residents: If you are a California resident and have provided personal information to Blip, you are entitled by law to request certain information regarding any disclosure that may have been made by Blip to third parties of personal information for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying that you seek your "California Customer Choice Privacy Notice." Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. Blip is required to respond to only one request per customer each year, and is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the above email address.
We will not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes if you request that we do not do so. You may make such a request by sending us an email at email@example.com. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personal information you do not want us to share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personal information or for processing this request.