Welcome to episode #114 of This Week in Location Based Marketing. On today’s show we bring you stories on Listia, FrontFlip, a deep dive into what Facebook Graph Search means to location, Rob’s latest obsession app called Moves plus special guest Grant Ritchie, Founder & CEO of Locationary and our resource of the week from Forrester.
1. Rob’s latest obsession is…MOVES, the app that tracks your steps and location (5:00)
2. Listia partners with BestBuy (8:14)
3. A deep dive into the implications of Facebook Graph Search on location (14:10)
4. Launch of The Hunt – new web app for gamifying shopping (22:21)
5. Beidou mandated on commercial vehicles in China (27:57)
6. Launch of RinkWatch in Canada (31:00)
Grant Ritchie, founder and CEO of Locationary (35:00)
Resource of the Week
Proximity payment is fastest-growing segment of mobile payments: Forrester (42:40)
Watch (or listen) as the most innovative mobile experts - some you've never heard of - explain how they are building their businesses in mobile. No book learning here, just straight up on-the-ground lessons from experts generating revenue in the mobile industry.