For the previous 111 episodes, head to http://www.untether.tv
Welcome to episode #112 of This Week in Location Based Marketing. On today’s show: We’ve got 9 stories for you including our bewilderment of Waze, why we thing 4sqTrigger is on to something, and UrbanAirship is already getting things done with Tello. Also Scott Lindenbaum of Spun talks to us about using a goat for location based marketing. Seriously.
1. YFind and Sprooki partner for the launch of Mall Buddy (4:48)
2. Life360 adds a crime data layer + people geofencing without killing your battery (8:04)
3. Victoria’s Secret launches a mobile location campaign (11:20)
4. UrbanAirship launches their PassTools API (14:40)
5. 4sqTrigger launches out of the Foursquare Hackathon – and we love it (18:15)
6. ConnecTV syncs the second screen (22:22)
Scott Lindenbaum, co-founder – Spun – offers his view on location based marketing and works in a goat and James Franco as an example. (28:00)
Funding / M&A News
1. GetYourGuide closes $14M (35:30)
2. StreetLine raises $25M to ease your parking pain (37:35)
Resource of the Week
A 2012 Location Based Marketing Year in Review (42:00)
Our public service announcement about the Waze/Apple acquisition talks (44:00)
Watch (or listen) as the most innovative mobile experts - some you've never heard of - explain how they are building their businesses in mobile. No book learning here, just straight up on-the-ground lessons from experts generating revenue in the mobile industry.