Welcome to episode #109 of This Week in Location Based Marketing. On today’s show: News from Placecast, Facebook, Foursquare, Grokr, Sensewhere, Shopular, Chase Bank, UrbanCompass and Tapit Media. Plus Mommy Googles Santa Claus and special Guest Patrick Reynolds of Triton Digital. Oh, and Merry Christmas!
1. Placecast begins work with SocialVibe (4:40)
2. Facebook launches Nearby + impact on Foursquare + Apple and Foursquare partnering on Apple Maps for iOS (7:49)
3. Grokr launches as the “Google Now” for iOS (20:13)
4. Sensewhere launches Adwhere (25:00)
5. Shopular hits the street with insane pedigree but little innovation (29:13)
Patrick Reynolds, Chief Strategic Office of Triton Digital. (37:19)
Funding / M&A News
1. Chase Bank acquires Bloomspot (43:49)
2. Urban Compass raises $8M (46:25)
3. Tapit Media closes $2.3M (51:35)
Resource of the Week
Infographic – I Saw Mommy Googling Santa Claus (55:16)
Watch (or listen) as the most innovative mobile experts - some you've never heard of - explain how they are building their businesses in mobile. No book learning here, just straight up on-the-ground lessons from experts generating revenue in the mobile industry.