Welcome to episode #115 of This Week in Location Based Marketing. On today’s show: The launch of photo polling app Voto, 42Floors – the AirBnB for office rentals, LivingSocial’s painful year, Pepsi’s next generation vending machine and the mobile food market starts to sizzle (sorry!). Plus, Scott Kveton, CEO of Urban Airship and an overview of our resource of the week – a summary of the location based services market in 2012.
Launch of Voto, the photo feedback app (4:25)
Scott Kveton, CEO of Urban Airship talks Tello acquisition, Passbook and location (10:00)
Top news of the week
1. 42floors closes $12.3M for office space rental marketplace (17:42)
2. Taiwanese carriers launch mobile payments joint venture (21:55)
3. LivingSocial reports $650M net loss (28:10)
4. Intel and Pepsi partner to gamify vending machines (34:20)
5. Focus on food: OLO raises $5M and Opentable acquires FoodSpotting (41:25)
Resource of the Week
Location Based Services in 2012 (50:20)
Watch (or listen) as the most innovative mobile experts - some you've never heard of - explain how they are building their businesses in mobile. No book learning here, just straight up on-the-ground lessons from experts generating revenue in the mobile industry.