disgo Tablet 8104 is a tablet device running Android 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). The 8104 is one of the first tablets to be released using Google’s latest Android software. With a 10.1” touch-screen, the 8104 offers users an affordable tablet while using the latest in Android technology.
The disgo Tablet 8104 allows easy multitasking, rich notifications, customisable home screens, widgets and deep interactivity that adds powerful new ways of communicating and sharing. It includes “disgo apps” and Slide ME connection which allows fast and easy access to 1000’s of Android Apps. There is no Google Play marketplace which is a shame a bit disappointing but for the price, you can sort of live with out it.
The disgo Tablet 8104 features a 10.1” capacitive display with 1024 x 600 pixel resolution, 1.2 GHz Boxchip Cortex A8 ARM processor and 512MB DDR3 of system memory. This specification allows users to experience quality technology, but without the costs associated with well known tablet manufacturers.
Content can be stored on the disgo Tablet 8104’s 4GB onboard storage but can be expanded to 36GB with a micro-SDHC card. It is compatible with the majority of digital content including Flash 11.1, allowing viewers to enjoy streaming video via the 10.1” high responsive TFT touch screen with 1024 x 600 display.
• 10.1” capacitive display with 1024 x 600 pixel resolution
• Android 4.03 operating system
• 1.2 GHz Boxchip Cortex A8 ARM processor with Mali 400 GPU
• 512MB DDR3 system memory
• 4GB onboard storage expandable to 36GB with mirco-SD
• 6500mAh longlife Li-ion battery for up to 5 hours use
• IEEE 802.11 b/g/n WIFI capability
• Mini-HDMI output to monitor or TV
• Front facing camera
• Stereo speakers, 3.5mm headphone out and built in microphone
• With application market and disgo-apps access
• Media viewing & listening in all popular file formats
• Access to popular social feeds such as Facebook & Twitter
• Communication via the internet using apps such as Skype
I been testing this out now for a bit and for the price of £149.99 its not too bad, there are some things i did not like, like no Google Play marketplace, no back camera, a bit of screen lag and the fact that it is a bit slow, but you have to take into account that this is only a £149.99 Tablet, so for the price its not too bad and i was not expecting this to be super fast for the price anyway.
I would recommend this for basic things like, reading/writing emails, updating tweeter/facebook, making a few notes and things like that. I don't think this would be good for watching Hi-Def videos but as i said for the price its not too bad.
I think the over all BIG disappointing thing about this tablet is the fact there is no Google Play Market Place.
Pricing and availability
The disgo Tablet 8104 is priced at £149.99 and available from May at Play.com , Amazon.co.uk and other good etailers and retailers.