This is a great quick fix with little mess. You may be familiar with some of these ingredients, but perhaps not combined this way. I absolutely love these asian flavors. Chicken salad has always been a great lunch item, in this clip I'll show you how to create a simple but flavorful dish in just a few minutes. Here is the recipe...
2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
½ red onion, julienne
1 large carrot, julienne
1 stalk celery, julienne
½ cup button mushrooms, quartered
½ cup snap peas
8-10 baby corn spears
½ tablespoon chopped garlic
a few shakes of soy
a handful of baby spinach
½ head romaine lettuce, chopped
Asian Crunchy Noodles
¼ cup hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons Thai chili sauce
1 tablespoon Mirin
2 ½ tablespoons sesame oil
¼ cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
½ tablespoon ponzu
½ cup red wine vinegar
1. In a large sauté pan, over medium-high heat, add a bit of olive oil then the chicken breasts. Season with a bit of salt and pepper and let cook for 6-7 minutes per side.
2. Once the chicken is about halfway finished, add all of the vegetables, excepts for the baby corn and chopped garlic, to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. In a large mixing bowl add all of the dressing ingredients and whisk to incorporate.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, add the greens.
5. Once the chicken is finished cooking, remove from the pan and slice into thin strips and then add them to the bowl of greens. Add the sautéed vegetables and crunchy noodles to the bowl and drizzle the dressing over the top. Using tongs, toss all ingredients to coat with the dressing then serve.